Communicating God’s Message
God LOVES us, We BLEW it, Christ PAID for it, We must RECEIVE HIM.
1. God. “God loves us.”
God is loving (1 John 4:16b).
God is holy (Isaiah 6:3).
God is just (Psalm 9:16a).
2. Us. “We blew it.”
Humans became sinful (Romans 3:23).
We deserve death (Romans 6:23a).
We are spiritually helpless (Isaiah 64:6a).
3. Christ. “Christ paid for it.”
Christ is God, who also became man (Philippians 2:5b–7b).
Christ died as our substitute (1 Peter 3:18a).
Christ offers his forgiveness as a gift (Ephesians 2:8–9).
4. You. “We must receive him.”
We must respond (John 1:12).
We receive him by asking Christ to be our forgiver and leader (1 John 1:9, 1 Peter 3:15a).
The result is our spiritual transformation (2 Corinthians 5:17).
The Bridge Illustration
Helping Friends Cross the Line of Faith
1. Approaching the line
2. Checking READINESS (Three Questions to Assess Readiness)
• Have you come to the point of TRUSTING Christ, or are you still in the process of thinking it through?
• That’s great . . . where would you say you are in that process right now?
• Is there any reason you wouldn’t want to ask Jesus for his forgiveness and leadership right now?
3. PROMPTING in prayer
• Ask for the forgiveness of Christ.
• Ask for the leadership of Christ.
• Give thanks for God’s forgiveness and leadership.
4. Celebrate! Luke 15:10
5. Point toward next steps.
• The importance of praying daily
• The need to regularly read the Bible
• The importance of right relationships